Contemporary Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing with CD / Edition 1by Carol Ren Kneisl, Holly Skodol Wilson, Mary Ann Hogan, Eileen Trigoboff
This textbook provides the most current, authoritative, and comprehensive information on psychiatric-mental health nursing. The theme of this book is global mental health, with an emphasis on cultural competence, community, evidence-based nursing practice, and global issues of mental health care. The five units of this book focus on the theoretical basis for… See more details below
This textbook provides the most current, authoritative, and comprehensive information on psychiatric-mental health nursing. The theme of this book is global mental health, with an emphasis on cultural competence, community, evidence-based nursing practice, and global issues of mental health care. The five units of this book focus on the theoretical basis for psychiatric-mental health nursing practice, the processes and competencies for effective care, the nursing care far clients with mental disorders, vulnerable populations, and various nursing intervention strategies.FEATURES
- Using Research Evidencedemonstrates haw the reader can develop nursing interventions based on current research citations.
- Nursing Self-Awarenessengages the reader in a process of introspection and self-inquiry.
- Rx Communicationprovides verbatim examples of possible responses to a client and the rationales far alternatives help the reader apply therapeutic communication principles.
- Critical Thinking Challengesbegin each chapter with a case-based scenario that encourages readers to analyze an issue or an assertion related to the chapter topic.
- Caring for the Spiritreinforces the inter-connection of body, mind, and spirit far a holistic perspective.
- Culture, Family, and Medication Iconshighlight content that develops cultural competence, includes the family as partners in psychiatric-mental health care, or relates to psychapharmacalagy.
- Case Studies, Nursing Care Plans, DSM-IV-TR Classification, Client/Family Teaching, MediaLinks, and more!
- Free Student CD-ROMan interactive program with NCLEX-style questions and rationales, an audio glossary, animations, video clips, and a link to the Companian Website.
- Free Companion Website .
THE TEXTBOOK AS A MAP, A COMPASS, AND AN INSPIRATION
Psychiatric-mental health nursing is poised at a crossroads. We are challenged to bring complex thinking to a complex world if we are to actualize our contribution to global mental healththe vision to which this text is dedicated. This book has been crafted to provide you with the best possible evidence generated in research to help you achieve your goal of excellence in practice. It offers a fully integrated bio/psycho/social perspective rather than relying on any single theory or ideology. It encourages you to become personally, professionally, and spiritually willing to muster the courage and hope necessary to forge proactive steps in our future and to make a commitment to work globally in a contemporary landscape and mindscape.
We have the opportunity to forge a new synthesis of professional wisdom in face of tough mind-body-spirit problems and needs. We need to face the new millennium's critical transitions with intelligence, stamina, wit, creativity, skill, and moral courage. Global mental health can become a shared emergent vision constructed in a way that is respectful of the rich diversity of the citizens of our contemporary world. We created this book to provide you with a map, a compass, and the inspiration to succeed in your current work. We hope that it encourages you to become a participant and leader in facing the broader challenges ahead of us.
Carol Ren Kneisl
Holly Skodol Wilson
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.90(d)
Table of Contents
I. THEORETICAL BASIS FOR MENTAL-HEALTH NURSING.
II. APPLYING PSYCHIATRIC-MENTAL HEALTH NURSING PROCESSES AND COMPETENCIES.
III. CLIENTS WITH MENTAL DISORDERS.
IV. VULNERABLE POPULATIONS.
V. NURSING INTERVENTION STRATEGIES AND OUTCOMES.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >