- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"How can I keep knowledge from walking out the door when employees leave?"
This pressing question is insightfully answered in this landmark book. Operational knowledge has never been more critical to organizational success. Knowledge loss from downsizing, imminent baby-boomer retirements, and high job turnover have created a knowledge continuity crisis that poses an unprecedented threat to organizational productivity and profits. Based on extensive research, Continuity Management solves this crucial problem of knowledge loss for managers at any organizational level by describing an effective strategy for preserving knowledge continuity between employee generations. Revolutionary in its effect, but evolutionary in its practice, continuity management is fueling a new knowledge revolution. This book is about that revolution-and how to lead it.
PART 1: KNOWLEDGE CONTINUITY IN THE INFORMATION AGE.
1. Knowledge Loss in the Information Age.
2. Knowledge as a Capital Asset.
3. Knowledge Continuity: The New Management Function.
4. The Knowledge Learning Curve.
PART II: CONFESSIONS OF A CONTINUITY MANAGER.
5. Getting Started.
6. Six Steps to Continuity Management.
7. The Knowledge Continuity Assessment.
8. Designing the Knowledge Profile.
9. Developing K-PAQ: The Knowledge Profile Analysis Questions.
10. Developing K-Quest: The Knowledge Questionnaire.
11. Creating the Knowledge Profile.
PART III: KNOWLEDGE ASSET MANAGEMENT.
12. Operational Knowledge Transfer and Acquisition.
13. Realignment of the Organizational Culture and Reward System.
14. Continuity Management in Practice.
About the Authors.