Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, 18th Editionby David L. Heymann
Among the diseases addressed in the new edition is a chapter on
The Control of Communicable Diseases Manual is the most widely recognized sourcebook on infectious diseases. The 18th edition addresses concerns about the impact of communicable diseases around the globe as communicable diseases, new and unknown, continue to thrive, kill, maim and surprise the masses.
Among the diseases addressed in the new edition is a chapter on Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The emergence of this disease so clearly demonstrates that every country is vulnerable and that the impact of this communicable disease has been felt worldwide.
Provided in detail in the 18th edition of CCDM:
- Accurate, informative text for public health workers in official and voluntary health agencies, including those serving in the armed forces and other governmental agencies, and for all students of medicine.
- Each listing in this easy-to-read, easy-to-understand manual includes identification, infectious agent, occurrence, mode of transmission, incubation period, susceptibility and resistance, and methods of control that are not limited to but include prevention and epidemic control measures.
- Translations into several languages - currently Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Serbian, Indonesian and Italian make this text a global treasure.
- American Public Health Association Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.68(w) x 7.12(h) x 1.44(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >