The Controller's Function: The Work of the Managerial Accountant / Edition 3by Janice M. Roehl-Anderson, Steven M. Bragg
Pub. Date: 12/28/2004
From describing essential/i>/b>
Take control and keep your company competitive. The controller's role in corporate America has become increasingly crucial and exceedingly complex. So how can new and established professionals enhance their performance and sustain their company's competitive advantage? With The Controller's Function, Third Edition.
From describing essential competencies—cash management, budgeting, fraud prevention and establishing codes for corporate ethical behavior—to detailing the more sophisticated skills like activity-based and target costing, disaster recovery planning, and outsourcing, The Controller's Function expertly balances both the technical and managerial sides of the job.
You'll quickly access information on how to:
- Use electronic spreadsheets for financial analysis
- Successfully implement a shared service center
- Enhance performance through online inventory systems, quick closing procedures
- Selecting adequate accounting software
- Avoid insurance pitfalls through proper planning
Order your copy today!
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 13.74(w) x 9.06(h) x 0.95(d)
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
1. The Controller's Job.
2. Internal control.
3. Planning and the Strategic Plan.
4. Long-Range Financial Plan.
5. Annual Plan.
7. Distribution Expenses.
8. Direct Materials and Labor.
10. General and Administrative Expenses.
11. Cash and Investments.
14. Property, Plant, and Equipment.
17. Operational Accounting.
18. Closing Procedures.
19. Performance Measurements and Trends.
20. Financial Analysis.
22. Selecting a Financial Information System.
23. Project Risk Management.
24. Implementing a Successful CRM Solution.
25. Organizations Large and Small Embrace Shared Services.
26. Information Technology Offshore and Outsourcing.
27. Change Management.
Appendix A. New Controller Checklist.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >