Controlling Cholesterolby Kenneth H. Cooper
Controlling your cholesterol level is the first and best/i>
Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper is the recognized leader of the international health and fitness movement. In this important and lifesaving book, Dr. Cooper shows men and women, step-by-step, how to control cholesterol, lower the risk of heart disease, and live a longer, healthier life.
Controlling your cholesterol level is the first and best defense against the dangers of heart disease. Though there is no "cure" for high cholesterol, preventive medicine does have an answer to this important health problem. Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper offers the most up-to-date and definitive program for controlling your cholesterol level and safeguarding your health. Inside you'll find:
- How to calculate your personal "cholesterol coronary risk"
- A revolutionary diet and exercise program designed for your individual risk level
- The straight truth about cholesterol and coffee, alcohol, smoking, birth control pills, stress - even chocolate and steak (which may not be as bad for us as we used to think)
- How to distinguish between "good" and "bad" cholesterol
- How foods and nutrients such as oat bran, fiber, olive oil, fish, and Omega-3 can control - and even lower- cholesterol levels
- and much more.
- Publication date:
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews