Conversations with Manuel Castells / Edition 1by Manuel Castells, Martin Ince
Pub. Date: 06/15/2003
- Manuel Castells explains and expands his work in a series of conversations with British journalist /li>
In a series of conversations Manuel Castells, one of the world's best known social scientists, explains and expands his work. He builds on his earlier thinking, opening it to new audiences and taking it into new areas in a highly accessible way.
- Manuel Castells explains and expands his work in a series of conversations with British journalist Martin Ince.
- Castells builds on his earlier work, opening it to new audiences, and taking it into new areas in a highly accessible way.
- Includes new thinking on social organisations and identity; new areas of innovation, including biotechnology and nanotechnology; education, knowledge and culture; and his analysis of areas of the world (Africa, Russia, Europe, the Americas and Asia) of which he has specialist knowledge.
- Contains a detailed biography of Castells and a bibliography of his voluminous scholarly work.
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
1. Manuel’s life and work.
3. The Space of Flows.
4. Social movements and organisations.
6. Politics and Power.
7. Castells’ world tour.
8. A world of knowledge.
Biographies of the Authors.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >