At 25 years, Cooking Light is the nation's leading epicurean brand with the largest audience, most epicurean editorial and the most recipes. Cooking Light is the only epicurean brand positioned at the intersection of great-tasting food and healthfulness, serving an important and growing consumer need. The brand delivers innovative recipes, nutrition advice, and resources to live a healthful lifestyle via its magazine, website, and portfolio of cookbooks; across all tablets; through the highly-acclaimed Cooking Light Quick and Healthy Menu Maker app; and on social media platforms including, Facebook (Facebook.com/CookingLight), Twitter (@Cooking_Light) and Pinterest (Pinterest.com/CookingLight).
Cooking Light Chill: Smoothies, Slushes, Shakes, Juices, Drinks & Icesby Editors of Cooking Light Magazine
Whether you're looking for the ultimate healthy smoothie, a quick on-the-go breakfast, or a delicious snack or dessert, you'll find something to suit your tastes among the more than 125 recipes in this book. Reliable, test-kitchen-rated recipes using easy-to-find ingredients, tips on equipment, and step-by-step techniques for creating a variety of healthy smoothies
Whether you're looking for the ultimate healthy smoothie, a quick on-the-go breakfast, or a delicious snack or dessert, you'll find something to suit your tastes among the more than 125 recipes in this book. Reliable, test-kitchen-rated recipes using easy-to-find ingredients, tips on equipment, and step-by-step techniques for creating a variety of healthy smoothies, slushes, juices, and ices that don't sacrifice flavor or texture.
- Cooking Light Chill is a playful book full of smoothies and juices, lighter slushes, and cool ices packed with fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, low-fat dairy and utilizing natural sweeteners.
- Healthy cool treats that are indeed healthy. Example: Smoothie King's Shape Up Strawberry Smoothie packs in 964 calories, 13 grams of saturated fat, and 125 grams of sugar. Cooking Light's version: 200 calories, 2 grams of saturated fat, and less than 25 grams of sugar from naturally occurring sources like fruit, low-fat dairy, and honey.
- "To Your Health" tips that share the health-boosting science behind the flavor and Tasty Twist boxes that offer suggestions for varying the flavors.
- When it comes to fruits and vegetables, volume is a good thing, but getting in all the vegetables and fruits you need each day can be challenging. Cooking Light Chill offers a fun and varied way to help readers meet their "eat more fruits and vegetables" goal.
- Recipes in Cooking Light Chill support a healthy lifestyle-smoothies can be a quick and refreshing meal (such as Cooking Light's Banana Breakfast Smoothie, full of the protein you need to power your morning). Fresh juices celebrate seasonal fruits and vegetables, are a great pick-me-up after a workout, and give parents options for giving children juice while controlling sugar.
- Every recipe is professionally developed and rated in our Test Kitchen, and meets Cooking Light's nutritional standards.
- Oxmoor House
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.86(w) x 9.56(h) x 0.48(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >