Focused on the appetites and nutritional needs of children, ages three to 12, this yummy cookbook plus ladles out more than 100 kid-tested recipes, but it also brings the young'uns into the kitchen to teach them skills to prepare them for a lifetime of healthy habits. (P.S. This spiral-enclosed book serves useful extra helpings. We especially liked the "Meals Made Easy" suggestions about optimal pairings of dishes and the lists of food preparation tasks for kids of different ages.)
Cooking Light The Ultimate Kid-Approved Cookbook: Delicious Food Kids Will Eat, Nutritious Meals Moms Will Loveby Editors of Cooking Light Magazine
Following on the heels of First Foods comes Cooking Light's first cookbook that gives moms fun, great-tasting, and healthy recipes they know their kids will love. Parents want their kids to be healthy, and this book, geared toward kids ages 3-12, shows them how. Cooking Light provides the facts about kids' nutrition-what kids need and what they don't need. But it's not just about "kid" foods and "adult" foods-it is about foods suitable for the entire family.
More than 100 kid-tested recipes show parents (and kids) they don't have to become short-order cooks when mealtime rolls around. In this easy-to-use, spiral-bound book, parents will learn how to get their kids involved in healthy cooking-teaching those skills that will prepare them for a lifetime of healthy habits and healthful, delicious meals.
Cooking Light The Ultimate Kid-Approved Cookbook is brimming with these fun features to enhance time spent in the kitchen:
- "Kitchen Classroom" and "Nutrition Notes" teach moms and kids about nutrition and interesting food facts.
- "Meals Made Easy" provides information about easy pairing of dishes to complete a meal.
- "Young Chefs Can" and "Older Chefs Can" boxes with each recipe list the tasks kids of all ages can help with, allowing the entire family to be involved in getting dinner on the table.
- Quotes from the Kids Tasting Panel throughout the book tell why they liked a particular dish, their serving suggestions, and ideas for extras.
- Oxmoor House
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.20(w) x 9.40(h) x 0.70(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >