Three steps to astonishing meals.
Divided by season, Cooking with Curtis features such traditional ingredients as lamb, chocolate and rhubarb along with scallops, vanilla and even truffles. Professional chef Curtis Stone points out that his dishes are often chosen from a restaurant menu, but are rarely prepared at home. He selects 24 ingredients, then offers three different recipes for each: one for beginner cooks, one for the experienced and the last for the adventurous. This three-step approach ingeniously builds confidence in even the most timid cook. After all, cooking basics can be mastered by anyone -- and this book promises that a complex dish can successfully be prepared by following Chef Stone's expert directions.
- Tagliatelle of white truffles from Alba
- King prawns with caramelized endive
- Roasted sea scallop wrapped in pancetta with tomato and gremolata
- Zuppa ribolita (lentil soup with vegetables)
- Classic apple tarte tatin with vanilla ice cream.
Cooking with Curtis serves up a remarkable repertoire of delightful dishes for cooks of all levels of expertise.