- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This guide book offers one of the most complete, concrete student success programs in the country, with suggestions and strategies for academic success and personal improvement—including goals, change, and career/life planning. Visually stunning, and conversationally written, the book provides readers with a variety of solutions to almost any problem faced in the first year of college and beyond. Chapter topics include preparing for and dealing with change; motivation, goal setting and self-esteem; things you need to know about college, but may never ask; managing your time and money wisely; the art of active listening; empowering your memory; critical and creative thinking skills; practical steps for writing and speaking; and a plan for wellness, stress reduction and personal responsibility. For anyone preparing and planning to succeed in life.
1. Change: Dealing with Change, Setting Goals, and Getting Motivated.
2. Persist: Things You Need to Know about Succeeding, but May Never Ask.
3. Prioritize: Managing Your Time and Money.
4. Read: Building Active Reading and Comprehension Skills.
5. Learn: Multiple Intelligences, Learning Styles and Personality Typing.
6. Record: The Art of Active Listening and Note Taking.
7. Remember: Empowering Your Memory.
8. Assess: Strategies for Test Taking.
9. Think: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills.
10. Prosper: Preparing for Success in the World of Word… and Beyond.