- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Finally, a textbook that actually uses reading and critical thinking strategies rather than just talking about them. This compelling fifth edition of the concise Cornerstone: Discovering Your Potential, Learning Actively and Living Well focuses strongly on self-responsibility and active learning. It effectively uses and underscores the importance of SQ3R to student success.
Exciting Additional Revisions include:
In addition, the extraordinary supplemental resource package has been expanded to better fit faculty and student needs.
Additional Support — in and out of the classroom…
Cornerstone has its own companion website designed to help students review the text material. This site (www.prenhall.com/sherfield) can also be accessed through the Student Success Supersite (www.prenhall.com/success), where students and faculty will find an array of resources.
PART ONE — DISCOVERING YOUR POTENTIAL
1. ENGAGE: Adjusting to the Culture of College, Setting Your Goals, and Developing Your Academic Passion
2. PERSIST: Managing Your College Resources, Your Money, and Your Debts
3. PRIORITIZE: Planning Your Time and Reducing Stress
PART TWO — LEARNING ACTIVELY
4. READ: Building Your Reading and Comprehension Skills
5. LEARN: Using Your Dominant Intelligence, Learning Style, and Personality Type to Become An Active Learner
6. RECORD: Cultivating Your Listening Skills and Developing A Note-Taking System that Works for You
7. REMEMBER: Empowering Your Memory and Creating Your Study Plan
8. ASSESS: Developing Successful Test-Taking Tactics that Work for You
9. THINK: Expanding Your Aptitude for Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
PART THREE — LIVING WELL
10. PROSPER: Connecting with Careers, Cultures, and Character