- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This guide book offers one of the most complete, concrete student success programs in the country, with suggestions and strategies for academic success and personal improvement–including goals, change, and career/life planning. Visually stunning, and conversationally written, the book provides readers with a variety of solutions to almost any problem faced in the first year of college and beyond. Chapter topics include preparing for and dealing with change; motivation, goal setting and self-esteem; things you need to know about college, but may never ask; managing your time and money wisely; the art of active listening; empowering your memory; critical and creative thinking skills; practical steps for writing and speaking; and a plan for wellness, stress reduction and personal responsibility. For anyone preparing and planning to succeed in life.
1. Change: Preparing for and Dealing with Change.
2. Grow: Motivation, Goal Setting and Self-Esteem.
3. Persist: Things You Need to Know About College, But May Never Ask.
4. Prioritize: Managing Your Time and Money Wisely.
5. Read: Building Active Reading and Comprehension Skills.
6. Learn: Multiple Intelligences, Learning Styles and Personality Typing.
7. Listen: The Art of Active Listening.
8. Record: Note Taking Styles that Work.
9. Remember: Empowering Your Memory.
10. Assess: Strategies for Test Taking.
11. Think: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills.
12. Communicate: Practical Steps for Writing and Speaking.
13. Relate: A Celebration of Harmony.
14. Live: A Plan for Wellness, Stress Reduction and Personal Responsibility.
15. Dream: Career and Life Planning.