Guy W. Lecky-Thompson is an experienced author in the field of video game design and software development, whose articles have been published in various places, including Gamasutra and the seminal Game Programming Gems. He is also the author of Infinite Game Universe: Mathematical Techniques;Infinite Game Universe, Volume 2: Level Design Terrain, and Sound; and Video Game Design Revealed.
Corporate Software Project Managementby Guy W. Lecky-Thompson, Thompson
It has long been accepted in the software industry that projects will be late, over budget, and lacking in agreed upon features due to technical or time limitations. As more companies become involved with the development and deployment of large-scale software projects, it is necessary to
Learn to produce quality software on time and within
It has long been accepted in the software industry that projects will be late, over budget, and lacking in agreed upon features due to technical or time limitations. As more companies become involved with the development and deployment of large-scale software projects, it is necessary to define ways to ensure that quality products are produced. Corporate Software Project Management focuses on the three main areas for efficient software development: management, quality, and client relations. It provides a series of globally applicable methods that can enhance productivity and reduce costs within software teams, without sacrificing quality. In addition to the management aspects, the book also deals with the technical side of software engineering. This section of the book illustrates the decisions that need to be made when planning the implementation phase of the project. Examples of how software can be designed to maximize code for future projects are also included. Corporate Software Project Management provides managers, developers, and programmers with methods and techniques that will help them produce quality products from start to finish.
* Teaches easy-to-implement methods that help software development teams increase productivity and lower costs
* Covers key development areas, including outsourcing, specifications, testing, reusable code, code and language choice, product delivery, and client satisfaction
* Focuses on the three most important aspects to software engineering: management, quality, and client relations
* Provides guidelines to the type of standards that need to be created within your software development team and what these standards should cover
* Discusses the technical issues behind implementing a client's design
* Includes a CD-ROM with third-party software, templates for use in planning and reporting software projects, and all the figures from the book
On the CD!
* MindJet MindManager® X5 - Trial version of this brainstorming, organizational software
* OpenWorkBench - A stand-alone desktop application that provides robust project scheduling functionality
* Resource Standard Metrics - Trial version of M Squared Technologies' RSM source code metrics and quality analysis tool
* Subversion - A version control system
* WinCVS - A set of sophisticated GUIs for CVS
* Figures - Contains all the images from the book by chapter
* Skeleton Documents - Provides a set of templates that can be used for planning and reporting your software projects
PC: Windows NT, Windows 2000 Pro, or Windows XP, Web browser, Pentium IV processor or greater, CD-ROM drive, hard drive, 128MB RAM minimum, 512MB recommended.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >