Counseling Treatment for Children and Adolescents with DSM-IV-TR Disorders / Edition 1by Robert R. Erk
Pub. Date: 08/28/2003
Designed to give readers a better understanding of children and adolescents who have been diagnosed with an emotional, behavioral, or mental disorder. Disorders are approached from the perspective of the child/adolescent and examined in context; and, each discussion includes practical guidance for assessment and treatment based on the most recent research in the field. To the expertise of the main author are added contributions by several counselor educators, psychologists, and clinicians who directly practice, teach, and focus on key topics addressed in the book. Provides a thorough discussion of the most-commonly diagnosed disorders of children and adolescents, and examines the biological, developmental, and environmental causes of these disorders. Key focus is on psychopathology, DSM-IV, child psychopathology, and child/adolescent counseling. Coverage emphasizes the importance of viewing children and adolescents with DSM-IV-TR disorders within a sound developmental framework. Contains two chapters on treatment planningone that discusses practical guidelines for planning and one consisting of four case studies. For future counselor educators, psychologists, and clinicians.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: OVERVIEW OF DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES.
2. Understanding the Development of Psychopathology in Children and Adolescents.
PART II: CLASSIFICATION OF EMOTIONAL AND BEHAVIORAL DISORDERS.
4. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
5. Disruptive Behavior Disorders: Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder in Children and Adolescents.
6. Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents.
7. Mood and Depressive Disorders in Children and Adolescents.
8. Substance-Related Disorders in Children and Adolescents.
9. Adolescents and Eating Disorders.
PART III: EFFECTIVE TREATMENT PLANNING.
11. Case Studies in Treatment Planning.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >