- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Deepen your understanding of racial factors in academic performance and discover new strategies for closing the achievement gap!
Examining the achievement gap through the prism of race, the authors explain the need for candid, courageous conversations about race in order to understand why performance inequity persists. Through these "courageous conversations," educators will learn how to create a learning community that promotes true academic parity. Practical features of this book include:
About the Authors
1. Breaking the Silence: Ushering in Courageous Conversation About Race
Part I. Passion: An Essential Characteristic of Anti-Racist Leadership
2. What's So Courageous About This Conversation?
3. Why Race?
4. Agreeing to Talk About Race
Part II. Practice: The Foundation of Anti-Racist Leadership
5. The First Condition: Getting Personal Right Here and Right Now
6. The Second Condition: Keeping the Spotlight on Race
7. The Third Condition: Engaging Multiple Racial Perspectives
8. The Fourth Condition: Keeping Us All at the Table
9. The Fifth Condition: What Do You Mean By "Race "?
10. The Sixth Condition: Let's Talk About Whiteness
Part III. Persistence: The Key to Anti-Racist Leadership
11. How Anti-Racist Leaders Close the Achievement Gap
12. Exploring a Systemic Framework for Closing the Racial Achievement Gap
13. Using Courageous Conversation to Achieve Equity in Schools
Resource: Racism and the Achievement Gap