- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Mary O'Neill examines the legacy of the medieval poet composers of Northern France, the trouvères. For many years problems and difficulties concerning the surviving melodies have prevented us from accessing these songs. Many of these problems are addressed here, bringing us closer to a true understanding of the repertoire.
1. The grand chant of the trouvères: an Introduction
2. The Manuscript Tradition: Sources and Notation
3. The Melodic Art of the Trouvères: Orality and the Question of Melodic Variants
4. The Lyric Art of the Trouvères: The Counrtly chansons of Gautier de Dargies
5. The Later Trouvère Tradition: Continuation and Innovation
6. The Interaction of Oral, Written, and Literate Processes