CPC Coding Exam Review 2010: The Certification Stepby Carol J. Buck
With the expert insight of leading coding educator Carol J. Buck, this complete exam review highlights the content you’ll need to master to pass the AAPC CPCÒ certification exam and take your coding career to the next step. An easy-to-follow outline format guides you through the anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each organ system,… See more details below
With the expert insight of leading coding educator Carol J. Buck, this complete exam review highlights the content you’ll need to master to pass the AAPC CPCÒ certification exam and take your coding career to the next step. An easy-to-follow outline format guides you through the anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each organ system, reimbursement concepts, an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding, and more. Two full practice exams and a final exam modeled on the actual CPCÒ exam simulate the examination experience and help you build the confidence to succeed.
- Comprehensive CPC® coverage highlights essential information for passing the AAPC CPC® exam accompanied by detailed figures for the most efficient exam review.
- Concise outline format gives you quick and easy access to content and helps you make the most of your study time.
- Bound-in companion CD includes Pre- and Post-Exams, with electronic scoring to help you track your learning progress.
- Final Exam mimics the AAPC CPC® exam format and bolsters your test-taking confidence.
- Answers and rationales for exams reinforce your understanding of coding concepts.
- A companion Evolve Resources website enhances your review with study tips, web links, and additional information on related review sources.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
Unit I -Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
- Integumentary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Female Genital and Pregnancy
- Male Genital System
- Urinary System
- Digestive System
- Mediastinum and Diaphragm
- Hemic and Lymphatic System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- Anatomy and Terminology Quiz Answers
- Pathophysiology Quiz Answers
Unit II, Reimbursement Issues
- Reimbursement Issues
- National Correct Coding Initiative
- Federal Register
- Peer Review Organizations (PRO)
- Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS)
- Medicare Fraud and Abuse
- Managed Health Care
- Reimbursement Terminology
- Reimbursement Quiz
- Reimbursement Quiz Answers
Unit III, Overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
- Introduction to Medical Coding
- HCPCS Coding
- An Overview of the ICD-9-CM
Unit IV, Coding Challenge
2. Final Examination
Appendix A. Resources
Appendix B. Medical Terminology
Appendix C. Combining Forms
Appendix D. Prefixes
Appendix E. Suffixes
Appendix F. Abbreviations
Appendix G. Further Text Resources
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >