- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
With the expert insight of leading coding educator Carol J. Buck, this complete exam review highlights the content you'll need to master to pass the AAPC CPC® certification exam and take your coding career to the next step. CPC® Coding Exam Review 2011 features an easy-to-follow outline format that guides you through the anatomy and terminology for each organ system; reimbursement concepts; an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding; and more. Two full practice exams and a final exam modeled on the actual CPC® exam simulate the examination experience and help you build the confidence to succeed.
• Comprehensive CPC® coverage highlights essential information for passing the AAPC CPC® exam, accompanied by detailed figures, for the most efficient exam review.
• Concise outline format gives you quick and easy access to content and helps you make the most of your study time.
• Bound-in companion CD includes a Pre-Exam and a Post- Exam that provide answers and rationales to help you target areas of weakness and reinforce your understanding of coding concepts.
• A Final Exam located in the text simulates the actual CPC exam format and gives you a better understanding of how the content will be presented.
• A companion Evolve Resources website enhances your review with study tips, web links, and links to related products.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
UNIT IAnatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
UNIT IIReimbursement Issues
UNIT IIIOverview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
UNIT IVCoding Challenge
Appendix A, Resources
Appendix B, Medical Terminology
Appendix C, Combining Forms
Appendix D, Prefixes
Appendix E, Suffixes
Appendix F, Abbreviations
Appendix G, Further Text Resources
Posted April 2, 2011
I studied for months and specially purchased this text in the hope it would fully prepare me for the approaching exam--it didn't. The book is full of false confidence. The CD that is attached at the back of the book contains questions that are so "watered-down". They fill you with a warm, strong feeling of confidence that is deflated the minute you begin the actual CPC exam. Here is what this review contains: reviews on anatomy, quick review on CPT and ICD-9 and some notes on Billing and Reimbursement. I really don't want to be negative because I've read about Ms. Buck's credentials and my Instructor's all used her books in their teachings, but what I experienced today with the official CPC exam, should not be taken lightly by anyone who is serious in obtaining that CPC-A after their name. Positive things I learned with this review are: the notions of "breaking questions down" (sorry in the real world, time is the enemy and money) I did get the ideas of looking for "key words" but that only helped so much. Please time yourself when preparing, 5 hours and 40 minutes isn't long when you are struggling, grasping and guessing just to finish. Preparing myself and using the CD attached, I found a few errors that affected practice scoring and a few spelling errors--that affected looking up the desired code. Overall, I would not recommend this exam review to any newly graduated, graduating student or professional--spend the amount on other recommended reviews/classes/modules. I wish you all the luck, you may need it.
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted February 17, 2013
Posted February 18, 2013
Posted June 26, 2011
No text was provided for this review.