- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: los angeles, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Topical Contents of the Writing Process Sections.
Preface for Teachers.
A Message to Students.
How to Use This Book.
I. THE NATURE OF ARGUMENT.
1. Argument and Rationality.
2. Argument as Civil Conversation.
3. Motivating Your Argument.
II. DEVELOPING YOUR ARGUMENT.
4. Articulating Claims.
5. Reasons and Evidence.
6. Reporting Evidence.
7. Warranting Claims and Reasons.
8. Acknowledgments and Responses.
A Checklist for Planning and Revising.
III. THINKING ABOUT THINKING IN ARGUMENTS.
9. The Forms of Reasoning.
10. Arguments About Meanings.
11. Arguments About Causes.
IV. THE LANGUAGES OF ARGUMENT.
12. Clear Language.
13. The Overt and Covert Force of Language.
Appendix 1. Fallacies.
Appendix 2. A Quick Guide to Citations.
1. Attitudes Toward Teaching and Learning.
2. Bingeing, Risk and Public Health.