To live out "authentic" Christian lives in today's postmodern world, we must connect the pieces. Stan Grenz contends that theology provides the link, helping us to: (1) differentiate true belief from false teaching, (2) gain a firm grounding in the Christian faith, and (3) apply what the Bible teaches about God and the world to our lives. Each of us is a theologian, just as God intended. Consequently, the question is not "will we be theologians?" but "will we be good theologians?" Created for Community shows us how to be good theologians, how to make good connections in and with everyday life.
Stanley J. Grenz is Pioneer McDonald Professor of Baptist Heritage, Theology, and Ethics at Carey Theological College and Professor of Theology and Ethics at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia. His works include Revisioning Evangelical Theology and Theology for the Community of God.
1. Knowing the God of the Bible in the Contemporary World
2. The God Whom We Know
3. Our Identity as God's Creatures
4. Our Human Failure
5. Jesus Christ--"God with Us"
6. Jesus' Mission in the Divine Program
7. The Holy Spirit--The Author of Life
8. The Holy Spirit and Our Salvation
9. The "Pioneer Community"
10. Participating in the "Pioneer Community"
11. The Climax of Our Story
12. God's Community--Our Eternal Home
Epilogue: Making the Connection
Resources for Further Study