Creating Nursing's Future: Issues, Opportunities, and Challenges / Edition 1by Eleanor J. Sullivan
Pub. Date: 01/15/1999
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
CREATING NURSING'S FUTURE: ISSUES, OPPORTUNITIES, AND CHALLENGES examines the issues and trends which students and nurses face in future practice. An expert panel of nursing leaders in advance practice, education, research, and administration contributed to this up-to-date, comprehensive and thought-provoking text. Chapters are organized into six sections:… See more details below
CREATING NURSING'S FUTURE: ISSUES, OPPORTUNITIES, AND CHALLENGES examines the issues and trends which students and nurses face in future practice. An expert panel of nursing leaders in advance practice, education, research, and administration contributed to this up-to-date, comprehensive and thought-provoking text. Chapters are organized into six sections: Nursing in Society; The Future of Practice and Education; Administration in the Future; Accountability, Quality, and Control; Nursing's Scientific Future; and Expanding the Boundaries.
• Includes two scenarios in each chapter that focus on future directions in nursing and present the probable and preferable future of the specific issue.
• Written by an expert panel of nursing leaders in the areas of advance practice, education, research, and administration.
• Includes discussion questions at the end of every chapter which are designed to stimulate creative thinking by placing the students in a situation where they must create the solution and determine the steps needed to prepare for the future.
• Includes important information on the use of technology as it relates to the future of nursing practice and education.
• Focuses on key areas such as alternative and complementary health care and multicultural nursing to help expand the boundaries of nursing practice into the future.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.34(w) x 9.04(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
PART I NURSING IN SOCIETY · Examining Nursing from a Futures' Perspective · What Will Health Care Look Like in the 21st Century? · Nursing's Role in Transforming the Health Care System · Nursing's Future in Health Care Policy · Nursing in the Public Domain: A National Perspective · Nursing's Public Image: Making the Invisible Profession Visible · PART II THE FUTURE OF PRACTICE AND EDUCATION · Practice of the Future · Advanced Practice Roles · Clinical Learning Settings of the Future · The Impact of Scientific Discoveries and Technology on Practice · The Third Wave of Information Technology · Using Technology to Teach · Faculty Practice · Continuing Education · Staff Development · Challenges for Nursing in Higher Education · PART III ADMINISTRATION IN THE FUTURE · Planning for Tomorrow's Health Care System · Governance: From the Boardroom to Patient Care · Managing Across Disciplines · The Future of Collective Bargaining in Nursing · Managing an Academic Program in Nursing · PART IV ACCOUNTABILITY, QUALITY AND CONTROL · Accountability and Quality · Professional Licensure · Educational Accreditation · Ethical Issues · Nursing and the Law · PART V NURSING'S SCIENTIFIC FUTURE · The Future of Nursing Research · The Growth of Collaborative and Interdisciplinary Research · Preparing Future Researchers · Career Trajectory of a Nurse Scientist · PART VI EXPANDING THE BOUNDARIES · Alternative and Complementary Health Care Practices · Interdisciplinary Practice Education · Achieving a Multicultural Nursing Profession · Encouraging Risk Taking and Entrepreneurial Approaches · Nursing in the Global Arena · The Role of Professional Organizations · Scenarios of the Future · Appendix A International Resources · Appendix B Doctoral Programs in the United States · Appendix C Directory of Nursing Organizations
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >