Creative Expression and Play in Early Childhood / Edition 3by Joan Packer Isenberg, Mary Renck Jalongo
Pub. Date: 08/09/2000
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This popular book provides novice and experienced early childhood teachers and caregivers with the roles, responsibilities, and strategies that lead to a more child-centered, play-based curriculumto nurture children's creative expression in all of its forms. It shows how to foster learning and growth by integrating children's creativity and play into the curriculum. The authors treat play and creative expression as the cornerstones of a child-centered classroom through foundational chapters on creativity, play, and the arts. The book also contains three unique chapters on the traditional treatment of creativity and playassessment, guidance, and families. For teachers, parents, and any other adults involved in the early development of children.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.53(w) x 9.15(h) x 0.95(d)
Table of ContentsI. THE YOUNG CHILD: DEVELOPING FLEXIBLE AND DIVERGENT THINKING.
1. Creativity and the Young Child.
2. Play and the Young Child.
II. THE CREATIVE ARTS CURRICULUM.
3. Art in the Early Childhood Curriculum.
4. Music and Movement in the Early Childhood Curriculum.
5. Creative Drama in the Early Childhood Curriculum.
III. CONTEXTS FOR CREATIVE EXPRESSION AND PLAY.
6. Planning and Managing the Creative Learning Environment.
7. Play Materials for Creative Expression and Play.
IV. LEARNER-CENTERED TEACHING FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW.
8. Guiding Young Children's Creative Expression and Communicating with Families.
9. Assessing Creative Expression and Play.
10. Creative Expression and Play in the Third Millennium.
Appendix A: The Dance Prop Box.
Appendix B: Published Rating Scales to Evaluate Preschool Settings.
Appendix C: Noncompetitive Games for Children.
Appendix D: Observations of Medical Play.
Appendix E: Case Study: Dittos and Elegant Costumes.
Appendix F: Resources for Play Materials.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >