- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chicago, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This text examines the most pressing issues in criminal justice today, including the economic-based crimes of white collar crime, computer crime, and the evolving nature of organized crime; addresses issues affecting the political order including domestic terrorism, corruption, and environmental offenses; and deals with issues affecting the social order including youth gangs, narcotics, and crimes involving the family. Historical background is provided in each chapter to demonstrate how many of these problems have existed in some form for quite a while and actual cases are used to illustrate principles. For criminologists, sociologists, and all those interested in criminal justice, sociology, and public administration issues.
PART I. ISSUES AFFECTING THE ECONOMIC ORDER.
1. The White Collar Crime Epidemic.
2. New Ways to Steal and Vandalize: Computer Crime.
3. Evolving Nature of Organized Crime.
PART II. ISSUES AFFECTING THE POLITICAL ORDER.
4. Terrorism: Its Domestic and International Threat.
5. Public Integrity Offenses and Bias (Hate) Crime.
6. Developing Problems for the Administration of Justice? Aspect of AIDS and the Perinatal Drug Issue.
PART III. ISSUES AFFECTING THE SOCIAL ORDER.
7. The Rebirth of Youth Gangs.
8. Crimes Involving the Family.
9. The Scourge of Narcotics.
10. The Growth of Environmental Crime.