- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
Each chapter includes "Contemporary Issue," "Critical Thinking Exercises," "The Future of Crime and Justice," and "Media and Criminal Justice" boxes.
1. Concern about Crime and Violence.
2. The Nature of Crime.
3. Measuring Crime.
4. Explanations of Crime.
5. Criminal Law.
6. The Criminal Justice System.
7. Origins and Organizations of Law Enforcement.
8. Police Discretion and Behavior.
9. Police and the Rule of Law.
10. The Origins and Organization of Courts.
11. Prosecution, Plea, and Trials.
12. Criminal Defense.
13. Sentencing: Philosophy and Practice.
15. Corrections in the Community.
16. International Criminal Justice.
17. Dealing with Sophisticated Crimes.
18. Juvenile Justice.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >