- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE is an effective resource for learning all substantive and procedural aspects of criminal law. This practical, up-to-date text features important updates to criminal laws and statutes in the post 9-11 world, including white-collar crime, cybercrime, identity theft, new sentencing guidelines, and much more.
PART I: LEGAL FOUNDATIONS OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE. 1. Fundamentals of Criminal Law and Procedure. 2. Organization of the CJ System. PART II: THE SUBSTANTIVE CRIMINAL LAW 3. Constitutional Limitations on the Prohibition of Criminal Conduct. 4. Elements of Crime and Parties to Crimes. 5. Inchoate Offenses. 6. Homicidal Offenses. 7. Other Offenses against Persons. 8. Property Crimes. 9. White Collar and Organized Crime. 10. Vice Crimes. 11. Offenses against Public Health and the Environment. 12. Offenses against Public Order, Safety, and National Security. 13. Offenses against Justice and Public Administration. 14. Criminal Responsibility and Defenses. PART III: LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE. 15. Search and Seizure. 16. Arrest, Interrogation, and Identification Procedures. 17. The Pretrial Process. 18. The Criminal Trial. 19. Sentencing and Punishment. 20. Appeal and Postconviction Relief.
Posted April 17, 2010
. It gives you extensive coverage of current legal developments including the "three strikes" law, street gang legislation, white-collar crime, and regulatory offenses. Examines all significant criminal cases from the From arrest through trial, appeal, and post-conviction review, this resource offers the most efficient method for approaching all aspects of criminal law and procedure. Detailed chapter outlines, succinct sections, descriptive headings, tables of cases, statutes, forms, instructions, and an index are also provided.
- Easy-to-use references are integrated into the text
- Includes broad coverage of complex issues and unsettled law
- Regular supplementation maintains cutting edge currency
- Enables study of precise language used by the courts and legislature with quotes from leading cases and statutes
- Explores legal trends and significant changes in the law through the examination of relevant historical background
- Features expert insight into judicial reasoning with carefully selected and critically examined cases
- Provides expert analysis, skillful case selection and classification, and critical examination of statutory and case law
- Contains excellent coverage of white collar crime and regulatory offenses, critical for civil practitioners
- Comprehensive consolidated index speeds research
- Convenient compact size and excellent hardbound cover
- Includes time table
- Quickly find rules and Code sections
- Updated with current amendments
Posted January 31, 2011
No text was provided for this review.