- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Examples & Explanations: Criminal Procedure: The Constitution and the Police, Sixth Edition, using the method that has made it such a successful resource for students, continues to present the discussion of criminal procedure in a way that mirrors the sequence of real-life events in law enforcement.
Among the attributes that make this Examples & Explanations exceptional:
• The organization, by following police procedure in sequential order, helps students develop a sense of the theoretical flow and logic of law enforcement.
• Numerous charts and illustrations that graphically demonstrate legal standards and concepts, making them easier to understand.
• Examples start out easy, to build students’ confidence, and gradually become more challenging, to test their knowledge and analytical skills.
• The proven Examples & Explanations format clearly explains concepts and encourages students to develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
New to the Sixth Edition:
• Examples featuring Judge Sotomayor’s cases
• Expanded sections and cases include:
• Discussions of computers and the Fourth Amendment
• Fourth Amendment: Virginia v. Moore, Scott v. Harris, Brendlin v. California, Arizona v. Gant, Arizona v. Johnson
• Sixth Amendment: Rothgery v. Gillespie, Montejo v. Louisiana
• Exclusionary Rule: Herring v. United States
• September 11th aftermath: Boumediene v. Bush
Give your students a meaningful overview of how criminal procedure works in the real world with Examples & Explanations: Criminal Procedure: The Constitution and the Police, Sixth Edition.
Chapter 1. Overview of Constitutional Criminal Procedure
Part I: Search and Seizure—The Framework of the Fourth Amendment
Chapter 2. Introduction to the Fourth Amendment
Chapter 3. When Does the Fourth Amendment Apply?
Chapter 4. What Does the Fourth Amendment Require?—The Doctrine of Justification
Chapter 5. Search and Arrest Warrants
Chapter 6. Warrantless Searches and Seizures
Chapter 7. The Exclusionary Rule: Rationale, Operation, and Limitations
Part II: Interrogation and Confessions
Chapter 8. The Voluntariness Standard
Chapter 9. The Miranda Approach
Chapter 10. The Sixth Amendment “Right to Counsel” Approach
Part III: Other Investigative Procedures
Chapter 11. Other Investigative Procedures—Eyewitness Identification, Bodily Intrusions, Examination of Physical Attributes, and Entrapment
Chapter 12. Technology and the Fourth Amendment
Posted March 28, 2011
No text was provided for this review.