Critical Care Nephrology: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 2by Claudio Ronco, Rinaldo Bellomo, John Kellum
Pub. Date: 01/01/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Because of the increase in serious kidney diseases, including end-stage renal disease, your role as a nephrologist, intensivist, surgeon, or critical care physician is quickly expanding. Well received in its 1st edition, this 2nd edition continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in critical care procedures for the adult or pediatric patient… See more details below
Because of the increase in serious kidney diseases, including end-stage renal disease, your role as a nephrologist, intensivist, surgeon, or critical care physician is quickly expanding. Well received in its 1st edition, this 2nd edition continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in critical care procedures for the adult or pediatric patient with renal diseases or disorders. Presents a common language and standardized guidelines to help multi-disciplinary physicians caring for the critically ill communicate more effectively. A new US editor, detailed discussions of different forms of organ support, artificial organs, infections, acute illness occurring in chronic hemodialysis patients, and much more make this book an exceptional resource for anyone who treats critically ill renal patients.
• Presents a multi-disciplinary and international approach to critical renal care for a thorough and integrated presentation of how to care for critically ill patients with renal disease or complications.
• Addresses the full range of renal problems, from epidemiology to monitoring and diagnostic procedures to pathophysiology of organ systems in relation to kidney failure.
• Provides details on different forms of organ support, including liver, lung, and cardiac therapy.
• Defines common guidelines in nephrology and critical care medicine for better communication among clinicians.
• Places a special emphasis on therapeutic interventions and treatment procedures for a hands on clinical reference tool.
• Features a new US editor, Dr. John Kellum, who incorporates his expertise in critical care medicine to the 2nd edition and extends the breadth of coverage with a North American perspective.
• Discusses new techniques in the field providing you with a comprehensive review of the experimental and clinical work being done.
• Features a new 2-color design and shorter, more focused chapters to help you access key facts quicker.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.20(h) x 2.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >