List of Contributors.
Part I: The Evolution of Critical Care Outreach.
1. The Origins of critical care outreach Derek Bainbridge.
2. Designing an Outreach Service David Wood.
Audit Case Study: Scoring all observations compared with scoring on concern David Wood.
Part II: Clinical Practice in Critical Care Outreach.
3. The Initial Assessing and Care of the ‘At Risk Patient’ Jeremy Groves, Jayne Tague & Lee Cutler.
4. Specific Clinical Problems Lee Cutler, Elaine Shaw & David Wood.
Chapter 5. Sharing Critical Care Skills Kathryn Warren, Rinky Ingles & Lee Cutler.
Case study: Use of a clinical simulator Lee Cutler & Judith Cutler.
6. Role Expansion and the Critical Care Outreach Nurse Lee Cutler & Denise Honour.
Expanding the role of the nurse in Critical Care Outreach: A Case study Elaine Shaw.
Part III: Continuity of Care for the Critically Ill.
7. Transfering patients from critical care to the ward Wayne Robson.
8. Critical care follow up Kate Bray.
9. Patient Diaries Wayne Robson, Gayle Wheeldon, Denise Penny.
Part IV: Managing and Supporting Outreach Practitioners.
10. Establishing and Managing a Critical Care Outreach Team: A Practical Approach Alex Larkin.
Case study: The role of the physiotherapist in the critical care outreach team Alex Larkin.
11. The Learning Needs of Critical Care Outreach Practitioners Lee Cutler.
Part V: Developing and Evaluating Critical Care Outreach.
12. Managing Change in Critical Care Outreach: A Toolkit for Practice Nicola Platts & Sue Shepherd.
13. Evaluation of Critical Care Outreach: Are the Resources for Outreach Justified? Paul Whitting & David Edbrooke.