Critical Care Outreach / Edition 1by Lee Cutler
Pub. Date: 07/07/2006
Following the publication of the department of health document - Comprehensive Critical Care (2000), the majority of hospitals in England have set up Critical Care Outreach Teams. The Government provided a significant sum of money for hospitals to set up outreach services. There are now calls for an evaluation of their impact. The book is set out in five key
Following the publication of the department of health document - Comprehensive Critical Care (2000), the majority of hospitals in England have set up Critical Care Outreach Teams. The Government provided a significant sum of money for hospitals to set up outreach services. There are now calls for an evaluation of their impact. The book is set out in five key sections. Each section features chapters that address the conceptual and real life issues. In each section there is a chapter, set out as a case study example, demonstrating how innovative practices and service developments are going on around critical care outreach. The book will draw upon the knowledge, experience and clinical expertise of senior critical care nurses and doctors from a critical care network. The book will have a definite practical application and will provide tips to enhance practice.
• Chapters contain useful 'how to' guides, prompts for critical thinking and case studies.
• Very little has previously been published on this topic
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.75(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.64(d)
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
Part I: The Evolution of Critical Care Outreach.
1. The Origins of critical care outreach Derek Bainbridge.
2. Designing an Outreach Service David Wood.
Audit Case Study: Scoring all observations compared with scoring on concern David Wood.
Part II: Clinical Practice in Critical Care Outreach.
3. The Initial Assessing and Care of the ‘At Risk Patient’ Jeremy Groves, Jayne Tague & Lee Cutler.
4. Specific Clinical Problems Lee Cutler, Elaine Shaw & David Wood.
Chapter 5. Sharing Critical Care Skills Kathryn Warren, Rinky Ingles & Lee Cutler.
Case study: Use of a clinical simulator Lee Cutler & Judith Cutler.
6. Role Expansion and the Critical Care Outreach Nurse Lee Cutler & Denise Honour.
Expanding the role of the nurse in Critical Care Outreach: A Case study Elaine Shaw.
Part III: Continuity of Care for the Critically Ill.
7. Transfering patients from critical care to the ward Wayne Robson.
8. Critical care follow up Kate Bray.
9. Patient Diaries Wayne Robson, Gayle Wheeldon, Denise Penny.
Part IV: Managing and Supporting Outreach Practitioners.
10. Establishing and Managing a Critical Care Outreach Team: A Practical Approach Alex Larkin.
Case study: The role of the physiotherapist in the critical care outreach team Alex Larkin.
11. The Learning Needs of Critical Care Outreach Practitioners Lee Cutler.
Part V: Developing and Evaluating Critical Care Outreach.
12. Managing Change in Critical Care Outreach: A Toolkit for Practice Nicola Platts & Sue Shepherd.
13. Evaluation of Critical Care Outreach: Are the Resources for Outreach Justified? Paul Whitting & David Edbrooke.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >