Critical Thinking and Logic Skills for College Studentsby Learning Express, LearningExpress Staff
Pub. Date: 07/31/1998
Publisher: Pearson Education
These fully revised new editions of LearningExpress's best-selling Skill Builders series offer a unique review of basic academic skills in a fast, easy-to-learn format. Each LearningExpress book focuses on practical applications and provides a built-in incentive-oriented study plan in the "20 Minutes a Day" concept. Students will find these self-study programs a valuable tool for improving the critical thinking and reasoning skills that lead to success at work and in the classroom. For Study Skills, College Survival Skills, and developmental courses.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Learningexpress Basic Skills for College Students Series
- Product dimensions:
- 10.94(w) x 8.49(h) x 0.43(d)
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
1. Critical Thinking and Reasoning Skills.
2. Problem Solving Strategies.
3. Thinking vs. Knowing.
4. Who Makes the Claim?
5. What's in a Word?
6. Working with Arguments.
7. Partial Claims and Half-Truths.
8. Evaluating Evidence.
9. Recognizing a Good Argument.
10. Putting It All Together: Reviewing Lessons 1-9.
11. Logical Fallacies: Appeals to Emotion.
12. Logical Fallacies: The Impostors.
13. Logical Fallacies: Distracters and Distorters.
14. Inductive Reasoning.
15. Jumping to Conclusions.
16. Using Inductive Reasoning to Determine Causes.
17. Why Did It Happen?
18. “Numbers Never Lie.”
19. Putting It All Together: Reviewing Lessons 1-18.
20. Problem Solving and Test-Taking Strategies.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >