Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School... The Arts: Drama, Visual Art, Music and Design / Edition 1by Martin Fautley, Jonathan Savage
Pub. Date: 01/13/2011
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Recent changes in government policy have emphasised the importance of cross-curricular teaching and learning in secondary schools across the UK, requiring subject specialists, teachers and students to work together in new, cross-curricular ways. This new indispensable textbook brings together ongoing debates about personalised learning, creativity and ICT in… See more details below
Recent changes in government policy have emphasised the importance of cross-curricular teaching and learning in secondary schools across the UK, requiring subject specialists, teachers and students to work together in new, cross-curricular ways. This new indispensable textbook brings together ongoing debates about personalised learning, creativity and ICT in education, with a cross-curricular focus, and establishes a principled framework for cross-curricular teaching and learning in the arts.
Examining case studies from a range of innovative secondary schools, and interrogating the use of cross-curricular approaches in UK schools, Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning in the Arts constructs a research based pedagogy with practical steps for students and teachers as they consider how cross-curricular approaches can be implemented in their own subject areas. International projects and case studies are also considered in relation to cross curricular themes. Language and ICT are discussed as mediating tools, and the principle benefits of cross-curricular teaching for pupils’ learning are assessed.
Key features of the text include:
- Theoretical examination of key issues
- Suggested pedagogical frameworks
- Chapters by subject specialists on art and design, drama, dance and music
- A wide range of UK and international case studies
- Frameworks for assessment and evaluation
The first in the Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning series this textbook breaks the boundaries between curriculum subjects and the arts, and is timely and essential reading for all students on Initial Teacher Training courses and practising teachers looking to holistically introduce cross-curricular themes and practices in their own subjects.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.80(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The context for cross-curricular teaching and learning 2. Artistic Principles and Purposes for Cross-curricular Teaching and Learning 3. The Pedagogy and Practice of Cross-curricular Teaching and Learning within and beyond the Arts 4. The Common Language of the Arts 5. ICT as an Artistic Tool and Interface 6. Artistic Approaches to Assessment 7. Future Developments in Arts Education
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >