Crown and Nobility: England 1272-1461 / Edition 2by Anthony Tuck
Pub. Date: 12/24/1999
Crown and Nobility traces the development of the relationship between kings and nobles in late medieval England. It shows how the differing abilities and personalities of the late medieval English kings powerfully affected their relationship with the nobility.
Table of ContentsList of Maps.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
A Note on Translations.
A Note on Money.
1. The Reign of Edward I, 1272-1307.
2. Edward II and Thomas of Lancaster, 1307-22.
3. The Abasement and Revival of the Monarchy, 1322-37.
4. The War with France, 1337-64.
5. Military Stalemate and Political Conflict, 1364-89.
6. Richard II and Henry of Lancaster, 1389-1413.
7. Henry V and the Dual Monarchy, 1413-35.
8. Lancaster and York, 1435-61.
Epilogue: New Perspectives, 1985-1999.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >