- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
List of Plates.
Part I: Mapping the Terrain:.
1. Introduction: What are Cultural Politics?.
2. Liberals and Humanists, Cosmopolitans and Eurocentrics: onthe Development of Cultural Policy in Britain.
Part II: The Cultural Politics of Class:.
3. Writing as a Weapon in Class Struggle: Radical CulturalPolitics in Britain to the Second World War.
4. Marxist Cultural Politics in Eastern Europe: the Case of theGerman Democratic Republic.
5. Whose History is it? Class, Cultural Democracy andConstructions of the Past.
Part III: The Cultural Politics of Gender:.
6. Feminism and the Cultural Politics of Gender.
7. Alternative Subjectivities: White Feminist Fiction.
8. Gender, Racism and Identity: Black Feminist Fiction.
Part IV: The Cultural Politics of Race:.
9. Marking Difference, Asserting Power: the Cultural Politics ofRacism.
10. Primitives, Politics and the Avant-garde.
11. Dialogues: Race and the Cultural Politics of theAvant-garde.
12. Encounters: Postcolonial Artists and the ArtEstablishment.
13. From Primitivism to Ethnic Art: Neo-colonialism in theMetropolis.
14. Racism, Culture and Subjectivity: Australian AboriginalWriting.
Part V: Concluding Reflections:.
15. The Postmodernist Challenge/Challenging Postmodernism: aCultural Politics for Today.
Index of Names and Voices.