- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Current Issues and Trends in Education synthesizes political, theoretical, social, and practical topics in a 21st Century context and promotes multicultural education, technology, and gender issues. This text is accessible enough to be used in an introductory education class and yet sophisticated enough to serve as a graduate textbook. It is comprehensive in dealing with issues facing educators today, such as demographics, changing perceptions and research of human development and learning, and education in nontraditional settings. Its four parts cover 1) “Political, Economic, and Historical Issues and Trends,” 2) “Evolving Notions of Human Development and Learning,” 3) “Changing Views of Instruction,” and 4) “Issues in Accommodating Differences.”
I. POLITICAL, ECONOMIC, AND HISTORICAL TRENDS IN EDUCATION.
1. Politics and Education.
2. Changing Demographics amid Diversity.
3. The Rights of Children.
II. EVOLVING NOTIONS OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING.
4. Theoretical Shifts in Our Understanding of Children.
5. Changing Curricular Practices
III. CHANGING VIEWS OF ASSESSMENT AND INSTRUCTION.
6. Changing Views of Assessment.
7. No Child Left Behind?
8. Developmentally Appropriate Practice: Best Practice for All Students.
9. Social Promotion, Retention, and Alternative Possibilities.
IV. ISSUES IN ACCOMMODATING INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY DIFFERENCES.
10. Teaching in Inclusive Settings.
11. Multicultural Education and the Cultural Curriculum.
12. Working with Families.
13. Discipline and Classroom Management.
Epilogue: What’s Next? Future Issues Trends in Education.