Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2000 (Lange Series) / Edition 39by Lawrence M. Tierney, Maxine A. Papadakis, Stephen J. McPhee, Papadakis, McPhee
Pub. Date: 10/31/1999
Publisher: McGraw-Hill School Education Group
Annually updated, this best-selling general medical text is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions in the adult patient and outpatient settings. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2000 covers all fields of internal medicine as well as gynecology, obstetrics, urology, dermatology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, psychiatry, and neurology. The text features the latest information on over 1,000 diseases and disorders.
- A focus on preventive care and cost-effectiveness
- Easy access to updated drug dosages and costs, including unit dose and cost for 30 days of treatment
- A new chapter on effective use of information technologies in patient care
- Developments in the treatment of HIV infection, including an approach to multidrug antiretroviral therapies
- New information on diagnosis and treatment of ischemic heart disease and pharmacologic treatment of congestive heart failure
- New recommendations for screening for gastrointestinal diabetes mellitus
- Up-to-date information regarding new dietary reference intakes and new drugs for obesity
- New section on fragile X mental retardation
- Major revision of chapters on the lung, the kidney, arthritis and musculoskeletal disorders, and allergy-immunology
- Drug information, bibliographies, and Web sites updated through June 1999
- National Library of Medicine citation identification numbers for over 3,500 references
- Continuously updated companion Web page with 250+ links to related sites (www.books.mcgraw-hill.com/medical/lange/cmdt/ )
- Reflects the latest clinical practice guidelines from the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research of the United States Public Health Service
- Drug trade names indexed
- Curremt Medical Diagnosis & Treatment on CD-ROM
- McGraw-Hill School Education Group
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.17(w) x 9.96(h) x 2.02(d)
Table of Contents
General Approach to the Patient; Health Maintenance & Disease Prevention; & Common Symptoms.
Care at the end of Life.
Skin, Hair, & Nails.
Ear, Nose, & Throat.
Blood Vessels & Lymphatics.
Liver, Billiary Tract, & Pancreas.
Allergy & Immunologic Disorders.
Arthritis & Musculoskeletal Disorders.
Fluid & Electrolyte Disorders.
Diabetes Mellitus & Hypoglycemia.
General Problems in Infectious Diseases.
Infectious Diseases: Viral & Rickettsial.
Infectious Diseases: Bacterial & Chlamydial.
Infectious Diseases: Spirochetal.
Infectious Diseases: Protozoal & Helminthic.
Infectious Diseases: Mycotic.
Infectious Diseases: Anti-infective Chemotherapeutic & Antibiotic Agents.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews