- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
DANCING WITH FEAR is a comprehensive guide to understanding and managing the many forms of anxiety. Using a recovery theme, the book offers a hopeful, self-help approach to the most common, ...
DANCING WITH FEAR is a comprehensive guide to understanding and managing the many forms of anxiety. Using a recovery theme, the book offers a hopeful, self-help approach to the most common, costly, and chronic emotional problem in our country.
According to experts, anxiety develops from the combination of three ingredients: genetic traits (such as “biological sensitivity”), family influences, and stress (the “why now” factor). The stress ingredient accounts for the widespread prevalence of anxiety today. Basically, anxiety is largely a learned reaction to stress overload in people with a sensitive temperament. Through new skills and habits, anxiety can be replaced with more effective behavior along with greater peace, optimism, and joy.
The book is clearly written and technically accurate. Diagrams, lists, and charts illustrate the information, and 35 concrete skills and exercises are included.
The book includes information on:
· Survival instinct and anxiety
· List of anxiety disorders with explanations
· Diagnostic criteria for each anxiety disorder
· Common fears by age group
· Anxiety personality traits
· Comparison of incomplete and complete stress recovery
· Drugs used to treat anxiety
· Herbs and natural remedies for anxiety
Some examples of exercises and techniques are:
· Meditation instructions
· “The three-S” approach to stress management (Signals, Sources, Solutions)
· Yoga and bioenergetic breathing exercises
· Dietary guidelines for managing anxiety
· Guidelines for friends and family members
· How to replace worry with positive thinking
· Three fundamental health practices for managing anxiety
· Joy, pleasure, and satisfaction exercise
· How to spiritually revitalize your life
Content is based on the author’s personal anxiety background, as well as his expertise as a seasoned psychologist. Dr. Foxman’s own recovery from several anxiety disorders is described in an opening chapter.
See Prior Distribution for a description of what is specifically new in this second edition.
Posted March 17, 2008
If you like to know why you got insomnia and why you have it and need help from somebody that had it him self ,you got to have this book .It is amazing .I learned so much from this book,I recommended.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.