Daniel Johnnes is the wine director of Montrachet and Tribeca Grill, and winner of the James Beard Award for Outstanding Wine Service. He is also a wine importer under his own label. Michael Stephenson was both packager of and contributor to The Essential Guide to Wine.
Daniel Johnnes's Top 200 Wines: An Experts Guide to Maximum Enjoyment for Your Dollarby Daniel Johnnes, Michael Stephenson, Jessica Shatan (Designed by), Sally Johnnes (Illustrator), Robert M. Parker (Foreword by)
* Daniel Johnnes's opinion of 200 wines,
You don't have to be a wine expert to get a good deal on a great bottle. Without stuffy, technical terms-and without talking down to the inexperienced wine buyer-Daniel Johnnes lays out all the basics that the consumer needs to know before making his or her next purchase. This edition, newly updated for 2004, includes:
* Daniel Johnnes's opinion of 200 wines, including more than 80 wines of recent vintage added since the first edition
* Explanations of grape varieties and the wine-making process
* How to start a wine cellar for only $750
* Helpful hints on everything from uncorking the bottle to complementary dishes
Most important, Johnnes makes the distinction between cheap wines and wines of good value-if a wine is truly great, it may be worth paying a little more than you expected.
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.38(w) x 8.24(h) x 1.04(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews