- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Data Communications Networking Devices Operation, Utilization and LAN and VAN Internetworking Fourth Edition Gilbert Held 4-Degree Consulting, Macon, Georgia, USA Data communications continue to grow enormously as a key part of telecommunications. Technological advances mean up-to-date information is essential. This fourth edition of the popular and authoritative text Data Communications Networking Devices examines the characteristics, operation and applications of the devices used to construct a data communications network. It enables readers to operate and utilize the networking devices used in the design, modification or optimization of a data communications network. Features include:
* Extensive coverage of the fundamental concepts of data communications
* New sections on ATM/broadband networking, LAN/WAN switches and new examples of network integration devices
* Examination of the specialized devices such as security devices, LZW compression and voice digitizers
* Discusses the different types of networks, network architecture and the flow of data between several networks
* Questions at the end of each chapter to assist understanding.
More than a comprehensive reference book, Data Communications Networking Devices is ideal as a self study guide too. It is essential reading for network managers and telecommunications engineers, data processing managers and information system managers. Visit Our Web Page! http://www.wiley.com/
Fundamental Wide Area Networking Concepts.
Wide Area Networks.
Local Area Networks.
Wide Area Network Transmission Equipment.
LAN Internetworking Devices.
Wide Area Network Data Concentration Equipment.