- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book discusses the provision of anaesthesia for day case patients from the preoperative period until discharge and patient follow-up. Provides information on patient selection, management of pain and sickness, the recovery process and problems which may occur after surgery. All forms of anaesthesia are covered, including local anaesthesia and nerve blocks, general anaesthesia (with inhaled and injected drugs) and the use of sedatives to supplement local anaesthesia. The special needs of the child are also addressed.
1. Patient selection, assessment, and preparation (Jean M. Millar).
2. Principles of general anaesthesia (Alexander P. L. Goodwin).
3. Inhalation anaesthesia (Angela Freschini, Ian Smith).
4. Intravenous anaesthesia (John Peacock).
5. Regional anaesthesia (Johan Raeder).
6. Sedation (Glenda Rudkin).
7. Postoperative pain and emesis: a systematic approach (Jan Jakobsson).
8. Assessment of recovery, discharge, and late follow-up (Ian Jackson).
9. The pediatric day case (Dori Ann McCulloch).
10. The future of day surgery (Ian Smith).