"…well researched ideas…Lien’s expertise really shines through…" (Shares, August 2006)
Day Trading the Currency Market: Technical and Fundamental Strategies To Profit from Market Swingsby Kathy Lien
The currency/foreign exchange (FX) market is by far the largest financial market in the world, with trading volumes surpassing $1.9 trillion a day. Although primarily dominated by a worldwide network of interbank traders, a new era of Internet-based communication technologies has recently allowed individual investors to gain direct access to this popularand… See more details below
The currency/foreign exchange (FX) market is by far the largest financial market in the world, with trading volumes surpassing $1.9 trillion a day. Although primarily dominated by a worldwide network of interbank traders, a new era of Internet-based communication technologies has recently allowed individual investors to gain direct access to this popularand profitablemarket.
Written by Kathy Lienchief strategist for the number one online currency broker in the worldDay Trading the Currency Market reveals a variety of technical and fundamental profit-making strategies for trading the currency/FX market, and provides a more detailed look at how this market actually works.
Designed for both the advanced and novice trader, Day Trading the Currency Market contains something for everyone. It touches on the major FX market basics or currency characteristics that all tradersparticularly day tradersneed to know, and contains actionable information on which you can base some of your trading strategies. This comprehensive guide opens with a straightforward discussion of general issues, such as the emergence of the foreign exchange market, who the major players are, and significant historical milestones, but quickly delves into more detailed topics in the following sections:
- What moves the currency marketfactors that impact both long- and short-term price movements
- What are the best times to trade for individual currency pairsthrough an outline of major currency pair trading activity (in different time zones), you'll discover when pairs are most attractive
- Trade parameters for different market conditionsteaches you how to first profile a trading environment and then know which indicators to use for that trading environment
- Technical trading strategiescovers some of the most important trading strategies for day traders and swing traders. They run the gamut, from "Fading the Double Zeros" to the "Inside Day Breakout Play"
- Fundamental trading strategiesillustrates how to trade off commodity prices, fixed income instruments, and option volatilities; and covers intervention-based trades as well as the secret moneymaking strategies used by hedge funds
- A profile of major currency pairsdiscusses the unique characteristics of each major currency pair, from what drives their price action to which economic data releases are most important
Filled with in-depth insight and expert advice, Day Trading the Currency Market can show you how to enter this highly competitive arena with confidence and exit with profits.
Read an Excerpt
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >