Due to the recent economy, several people have had to miss a payment or two on one type of debt or another. Often, fear and panic set in as creditors or collectors barrage borrowers with relentless harassment. This PLAIN ENGLISH GUIDE provides tips, techniques and secrets ...
Due to the recent economy, several people have had to miss a payment or two on one type of debt or another. Often, fear and panic set in as creditors or collectors barrage borrowers with relentless harassment. This PLAIN ENGLISH GUIDE provides tips, techniques and secrets to Stop Creditors Cold!
Some of the many topics covered in Plain English include:
- Your rights
- WHO to pay first, second . . . .
- WHAT to expect - steps and actions taken by each type of creditor for each type of debt
- WHEN creditors will take the various steps
- SECRETS to stop their collection actions
- WHAT to say (and NOT say) to collectors
- HOW to negotiate to reduce your debt like the pros
- WHAT kind of results to expect when you negotiate your debt
- How long can they pursue you
- Dealing with collection agencies and attorneys
- Zombie debt
- Should you use credit credit counseling or a debt consolidator
- What should you expect if you use a credit counselor
- How long will it take if you use a debt consolidator
- How does using a debt consolidator affect your credit score
- How to get your credit report and credit score for FREE
This Plain English Guide also includes tables of statutes of limitations on debts and sample documents and forms!
Stanley Helm, JD, brings together his background and experience as an attorney, CPA and educator. Mr. Helm is a graduate of Creighton University College of Law in Omaha, Nebraska. He has worked in the tax and litigation support departments of Big 4 CPA firms and as VP of Finance for publicly held companies, as well as an adviser to companies raising venture capital and completing Initial Public Offerings. Mr. Helm has been instrumental in guiding several businesses through turnarounds. He has over 20 years experience teaching graduate and undergraduate university courses in business law, taxation, finance and accounting. He has authored several books on related topics and is a frequent speaker for continuing education seminars.