- Syrinx for flute solo - Claude Debussy - Roger Bourdin - George Patapow
- La fille aux cheveux de lin, prelude for piano, L. 117/8: No 08, The Girl with the Flaxen Hair - Claude Debussy - Boston Pops Orchestra - Jerome Cohen - George Patapow
- Suite bergamasque, for piano, L. 75: Clair De Lune - Claude Debussy - Walter Piston - Boston Pops Orchestra - Henri Mouton - George Patapow
- Petite suite (4), for piano, 4 hands (or orchestra), L. 65: En Bateau - Claude Debussy - Paul Paray - Detroit Symphony Orchestra - George Patapow
- La plus que lente, waltz for piano (or orchestra), L. 121 - Claude Debussy - Claudio Arrau - George Patapow
- Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune (Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun), for orchestra, L. 86 - Claude Debussy - André Previn - Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra - George Patapow
- String Quartet, L. 85 (Op. 10) - Claude Debussy - George Patapow - Quartetto Italiano
- Sonate en trio for flute, viola, & harp, L. 137: Onterlude - Claude Debussy - Roger Bourdin - Annie Challan - Colette Lequien - George Patapow
- Arabesques (2) for piano, L. 66: No 01 - Claude Debussy - Zoltán Kocsis - George Patapow
- Valse romantique, for piano, L. 71 - Claude Debussy - Claudio Arrau - George Patapow
- Images (3), for orchestra, L. 122: Iberia Perfumes Of The Night - Claude Debussy - London Symphony Orchestra - Pierre Monteux - George Patapow
- Release Date:
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Debussy For Daydreaming: Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts based on 0 ratings. 8 reviews.
This album is filled with soft, relaxing, ethereal music. It is perfect for listening to while going to sleep.
Claude Debussy had been one of my favorite composers even before I knew how to write and behave like a big kid. Growing up my mother would play his tunes on the piano and flute and later I got to follow her footsteps and enjoy his dream like compositions. The French composer has been called the Impressionist and no surprised here, along with another favorite of mine, Ravel, dominated the turn into the twentieth century with his ethereal and magnificent creations. His unusual, radical harmonies have influenced artists that shape the world of music to this day.
This album has all of my favorite pieces, the melancholy Syrinx, bright and almost as if from a magical movie - Maiden with Flaxen hair, silky and soothing Reverie, Clair de Lune -something that sounds like star sprinkled night sky , Deux Arabesques - which I can play but not as well as my mom does - fantastic piano piece with waves of sound and floating chords. Other than Chopin no one else compares to Debussy when it comes to elegance and piano that touches me. This is perfect in the morning, afternoon or night, anytime I need soft, charming but never boring background music. Sometimes it's easy to forget that I'm listening to classical music, it simply sounds the way music should, without labels, taking my mind far away into a happier state. Those who like piano or harp compositions will enjoy this disc; it's really deliciously dreamy and cozy, very yum yum.
- Kasia S.
This is one of my top 3 favorite classical CDs. If you haven't been exposed to Debussy, this is a great way to start. It is what Impressionism in music was all about. The music provides a beautiful backdrop to any activity.
Debussy's music, particularly on this compilation, has a calming, dreamy effect and is perfect for those times when one needs to relax and regroup.
Since I received it has very rarely left my car cd player. I absolutely love it. It is the perfect way to start your morning on your way to work.
Great for daydreaming, except a couple of the selections can get too loud in comparison to the others, and break one's reverie.