1. Critical Thinking, Reading, and Writing.
2. Planning, Writing, and Revising a Draft.
3. Developing the Paragraph and the Paper.
II. WRITING THE RESEARCH PAPER.
4. Researching Print and Electronic Sources.
5. Using Sources.
6. Writing the Research Paper.
7. Documenting the Research Paper.
III. OTHER TYPES OF WRITING.
8. Writing and Arguing in the Disciplines.
9. Writing in a Business Environment.
10. Writing for the Web.
11. Writing About Literature.
12. Manuscript Form and Document Design.
IV. SENTENCE DECISIONS.
13. Constructing Sentences.
14. Correcting Sentence Fragments.
15. Correcting Comma Splices and Fused Sentences.
16. Using Verbs.
17. Correcting Errors in Subject-Verb Agreement.
18. Using Adjectives and Adverbs.
19. Correcting Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers.
20. Using Nouns and Pronouns.
21. Correcting Errors in Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement and Reference.
22. Correcting Errors in Consistency.
23. Correcting Faulty Parallelism.
V. STYLE DECISIONS.
24. Being Clear, Concise and Direct.
25. Building Emphasis with Coordination and Subordination.
26. Choosing the Right Word.
VI. PUNCTUATION DECISIONS.
27. Using End Punctuation.
28. Using Commas.
29. Using Semicolons.
30. Using Apostrophes.
31. Using Quotation Marks.
32. Using Other Marks.
VII. MECHANICS AND SPELLING DECISIONS.
33. Using Capitals.
34. Using Italics.
35. Using Abbreviations.
36. Using Numbers in Writing.
37. Using Hyphens.
38. Making SpellingDecisions.
VIII. ESL REFERENCE GUIDE.
39. English Nouns, Pronouns, and Articles.
40. English Verbs.
41. Modifiers and Connectors.