ELIMINATE CONSTRUCTION MISTAKES AND MINIMIZE YOUR EXPOSURE TO EXPENSE AND LITIGATION WITH DEFECT-FREE BUILDINGS
Nothing packs a more costly punch and ruins a project faster than a construction defect dispute. And nothing stops a project dead in its tracks faster than conflicts between builders and owners. But with McGraw-Hill's Defect-Free Buildings, you can rid your projects of these debilitating conflicts and protect your business against the costs, delays, and litigation they create.
Packed with easy-to-understand guidelines, protocols, and checklists, this indispensable volume helps you:
- Determine proper construction methods and costs during planning and bidding
- Avoid defects in the building stages and enhance quality control
- Obtain the proper insurance and satisfy underwriting requirements
- Reduce or eliminate the threat and cost of litigation
KEEP THE PEACE
To help you minimize cost and lost time when disputes become unavoidable, Defect-Free Buildings also delivers a wide range of powerful conflict-resolution techniques. You'll learn how to:
- Get the right contract in place
- Develop forms and documents that minimize or eliminate disputes and delays in payment
- Document construction conditions to avoid potential conflicts and owner claims
- Resolve conflicts effectively
- And more!
Written by a construction attorney with more than 25 years' experience as an arbitrator and mediator, Defect-Free Buildings is the money-saving resource you'll want within reach on every construction job.