Delmar's Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach / Edition 1by Donna J. Phinney, Judy H. Halstead
Pub. Date: 07/26/1999
Publisher: Cengage Learning
This new, full-color, comprehensive text is designed to prepare students for the DANB Certification Exam as well as the rigors of the dental office. Part of a dynamic learning system, Delmar's Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach, includes practice software, workbook, exam review, videotapes, and instructor support materials. Other dental-related/i>
This new, full-color, comprehensive text is designed to prepare students for the DANB Certification Exam as well as the rigors of the dental office. Part of a dynamic learning system, Delmar's Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach, includes practice software, workbook, exam review, videotapes, and instructor support materials. Other dental-related titles included in the system cover the areas of terminology, drugs, and office management. Used together, these materials will make your dental assisting education comprehensive and meaningful, providing you with skills, knowledge, principles, values, and understanding to excel in your chosen profession into the 21st century.
- Free practice software (3.5" Windows) includes bonus review exercises and activities with valuable feedback to reinforce text concepts.
- All chapters include chapter outline, objectives, and key terms allowing for more focused learning
- Key terms with page references are presented in color on their first appearance in the text
- Over 1500 full-color illustrations and photographs highlight concepts from simple to complex
- Over 140 step-by-step procedures with icons for major dental skills are included
- Tables and colorful information boxes provide additional tips and real-life applications
- In-text icons identify legal, safety, technology, global/cultural issues, and DANB exam components
- Student learning is enhanced with case studies, critical thinking questions, and review questions for each chapter
- Additional skills, such as dental dam placement, bleaching techniques, suture removal, and coronal polishing are covered in the Advanced Chairside Functions Chapter
Table of ContentsIntroduction to the Dental Profession. Oral Health and Nutrition. General Anatomy and Physiology. Head and Neck Anatomy. Emryology and Histology. Tooth Morphology. Charting. Microbiology. Infection Control Techniques. Management of Hazardous Materials. Preparation for Patient Care. Pharmacology. Emergency Management. Introduction to Chairside Assisting. Chairside Instruments. Management of Pain and Anxiety. Dental Radiology. Endodontics. Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. Oral Pathology. Orthodontics. Pediatric Dentistry. Periodontics. Fixed Prosthodontics. Removable Prosthodontics. Chairside Restorative Materials and Techniques. Laboratory and Impression Materials and Techniques. Advanced Chairside Techniques. Dental Office Management. Employment Portfolio. Ethics and Jurisprudence.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >