The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care / Edition 3by Cynthia A. Stegeman, Judi Ratliff Davis
Pub. Date: 03/24/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care, 4th Edition, is specifically tailored to address relevant nutritional concerns for both practicing hygienists and dental hygiene students alike. Written by an author team with experience in both disciplines, this full-color text offers a balanced and comprehensive view of how nutrition affects dental health./b>… See more details below
The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care, 4th Edition, is specifically tailored to address relevant nutritional concerns for both practicing hygienists and dental hygiene students alike. Written by an author team with experience in both disciplines, this full-color text offers a balanced and comprehensive view of how nutrition affects dental health. In addition to basic nutritional advice relevant for dental hygienists, coverage also includes current nutritional concerns, such as high-protein diets, bottled water versus tap water, the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and the new (ChooseMyPlate.gov graphic and food guidance system. A new chapter on biochemistry expands coverage of a topic that is addressed on the dental hygiene board exam. No other nutritional guide in dental hygiene offers so much!
• NEW! Biochemistry chapter provides foundational concepts that support content throughout the book and also address coverage on the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
• NEW! Updated coverage includes new content on fluoride, vitamin D, calcium, the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the new ChooseMyPlate.gov graphic and food guidance system, and the latest research in this dynamic field.
• NEW! Full-color photographs and illustrations showcase current federal guidelines and exemplify the types of foods that supply various macro- and micronutrients.
• NEW! Practice quizzes allow you to test your comprehension along with instant feedback and remediation to address strengths and weaknesses.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Orientation to Basic Nutrition 1.Overview of Healthy Eating Habits 2.NEW! Concepts in Biochemistry 3.The Alimentary Canal: Digestion and Absorption 4.Carbohydrate: The Efficient Fuel 5.Protein: The Cellular Foundation 6.Lipids: The Condensed Energy 7.Use of the Energy Nutrients: Metabolism and Balance 8.Vitamins Required for Calcified Structures 9.Minerals Essential for Calcified Structures 10.Nutrients Present in Calcified Structures 11.Vitamins Required for Oral Soft Tissues and Salivary Glands 12.Water and Minerals Required for Oral Soft Tissues and Salivary Glands
Part II: Considerations of Clinical Nutrition 13.Nutritional Requirements Affecting Oral Health in Women 14.Nutritional Requirements during Growth and Development and Eating Habits Affecting Oral Health 15.Nutritional Requirements for Older Adults and Eating Habits Affecting Oral Health 16.Other Considerations Affecting Nutrient Intake 17.Effects of Systemic Disease on Nutritional Status and Oral Health
Part III: Nutritional Aspects of Oral Health 18.Nutritional Aspects of Dental Caries: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment 19.Nutritional Aspects of Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease 20.Nutritional Aspects of Alterations in the Oral Cavity 21.Nutritional Assessment and Counseling for Dental Hygiene Patients
Glossary Answers to Nutritional Quotient Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >