Dermatological Signs of Internal Disease: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 4by Jeffrey P. Callen
Pub. Date: 08/07/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Practical, comprehensive, and updated throughout, the 4th edition of Dermatological Signs of Internal Diseases helps you identify a full range of common and rare systemic diseases early…so they can be managed as effectively as possible. Coverage of new disorders, including nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy, new treatment options, expanded histopathology
Practical, comprehensive, and updated throughout, the 4th edition of Dermatological Signs of Internal Diseases helps you identify a full range of common and rare systemic diseases early…so they can be managed as effectively as possible. Coverage of new disorders, including nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy, new treatment options, expanded histopathology content, new color images, online image library and much more...to help you attain definitive diagnoses of internal diseases that manifest on the skin. Best of all, each chapter features an evidence-based approach to diagnosis and treatment so you know you can depend on the clinical recommendations presented. Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online at expertconsult.com from any Internet connection.
• Presents an evidence-based approach so you can depend on the clinical recommendations presented.
• Covers advice on patient evaluation and lab tests, as well as tables of differential diagnoses, to facilitate diagnosis for every condition.
• Uses a consistent, user-friendly format for easy reference.
• Discusses new diseases such as nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy and new therapies, including biologics, to keep you on the cusp of this rapidly expanding field.
• Provides improved and expanded histopathology content for a better understanding in this difficult area of diagnosis.
• Features over 500 full-color illustrations100 new to this editionthat provide the best possible representations of diseases as they appear in real life.
• Features a companion website at expertconsult.com with fully searchable text and an image library to enhanced visual guidance.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. Lupus erythematosus
3. Scleroderma, Raynaud’s phenomenon & Related Conditions
5. Miscellaneous disorders with prominent features involving the skin & joints
7. Erythema multiforme, Stevens Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
8. Erythema nodosum and other Panniculitides
12. Bullous Diseases
13. Skin signs of internal malignancy
14. Metastatic Disease
15. Cutaneous manifestations of leukemias, myelodysplastic & myeloproliferative Syndromes and systemic lymphomas
16. Dysproteinemias, plasma cell disorders and Amyloidosis
17. Cutaneous manifestations of macrophage/dendritic cell proliferative disorders (histiocytoses)
18. Vascular neoplasms AIDs and STDs– Schaffer and JLB
19. Primary cutaneous T-Cell or B-cell Lymphomas
20. Diabetes mellitus
21. Thyroid and the skin
23. Adrenal, Androgen-related, and pituitary Disorders
25. Cutaneous diseases associated with gastrointestinal abnormalities
26. Cutaneous Hepatology
27. Pancreatic disease
28. Cutaneous manifestations of systemic viral, bacterial and fungal infections and protozoan disease
29. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and sexually transmitted infections
31. Cardiovascular diseases and the Skin
32. Renal Disease and the Skin
33. Manifestations in Transplant recipients
34. Neurocutaneous diseases
36. Mast cell disease
37. Hair disorders in systemic disease
38. Nail signs of systemic disease
39. Oral Mucous Membranes and Systemic Disease
40. Leg Ulcerations
41. Cutaneous drug eruptions
42. Systemic therapy for cutaneous disease
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >