Designed to Win: Strategies for Building a Thriving Global Businessby Hiroaki Yoshihara, Mary Pat McCarthy
The most successful business organizations are those that combine stability, speed and maneuverability. These companies are uniquely equipped to navigate the complexities of global supply chains, an array of often baffling cultural differences, complex international regulations, geopolitical uncertainty, and the vagaries of the capital markets. But these companies… See more details below
The most successful business organizations are those that combine stability, speed and maneuverability. These companies are uniquely equipped to navigate the complexities of global supply chains, an array of often baffling cultural differences, complex international regulations, geopolitical uncertainty, and the vagaries of the capital markets. But these companies are only as good as the officers who command them-and the most successful leaders are those best able to manage and optimize their global risk. They possess a singular skill set that includes, among other things, a talent for international diplomacy.
Co-authored by two global business advisors from the Big Four professional services organization KPMG, Designed to Win takes you inside the most successful transnational businesses to show how they address the challenges of global competition. Drawing upon their experience as senior partners with KPMG LLP (U.S.), Hiroaki Yoshihara and Mary Pat McCarthy define the seven fundamental characteristics of enduring global businesses. And, with the help of extensive case studies and interviews with executives at BMW, Caterpillar, Intel, Matsushita, Toyota and other international industry leaders, they describe global-business best practices in a range of key areas.
Designed to Win offers you an unparalleled opportunity to learn how today's leading global companies:
• Attract the best talent, leverage human capital for global excellence, and build a winning corporate culture
• Drive value from internal operations and achieve continuous value creation through outsourcing and advanced business process management
• Enhance cross-functional knowledge collaboration to create an optimal supply chain structure in a global, customer-centric organization
• Establish a corporate identity, position and manage brands internationally, and use cutting-edge marketing techniques
• Structure an organization for optimum value growth and optimize the value of intangible assets
• Manage change globally, and manage risk using scenarios and other strategic planning tools
• Cultivate the leadership qualities most in demand on the global stage and develop the next generation of corporate leaders/statesmen
Featuring battle-tested strategies from the big winners in today's marketplace, Designed to Win can arm you with the skills to help steer your company's global expansion.
An exclusive roadmap for steering your company's global expansion to success
Today's business leaders face more uncertainty, more risk and more complexity. The strength of the global marketplace combined with formidable competition from new market entrants and regional economies is challenging traditional business and operating principles. Global executives must adapt swiftly to fundamental shifts in marketing, research and development, supply chain, people management and growth strategies or face extinction. In this environment, leaders must design a sustainable business model, one that is agile, responsive and capable of generating value to an increasingly disaggregated customer base.
Designed to Win was co-authored by acknowledged global business advisors who have helped companies worldwide respond to the challenges of doing business globally. Using extensive case studies and interviews with top executives, KPMG's Hiroaki Yoshihara and Mary Pat McCarthy take you inside a number of the most successful transnational enterprises to reveal how those companies' successfully navigate the risks of global expansion and achieve sustained growth in a volatile global marketplace. Here is your chance to learn important business strategies of the Global Fortune 500 and discover what they and other companies are doing to:
• Position and manage brands worldwide
• Build a customer-centric supply chain
• Optimize their organizational structures for a global marketplace
• Recruit, develop and retain the best talent
• Build a unifying global corporate culture
• Negotiate transnational deals
• Manage global risk
• Protect intellectual property
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.80(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.01(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >