Bob Cordell, an electrical engineer, is a prolific designer of amplifiers, audio test equipment, and other audio gear. He has published articles on power amplifier design in the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society (JAES) and other publications. Bob is a member of the JAES Review Board and he maintains an audiophile website at www.cordellaudio.com.
Designing Audio Power Amplifiersby Bob Cordell
This comprehensive book on audio power amplifier design will appeal to members of the professional audio engineering community as well as the hobbyist. Designing Audio Power Amplifiers begins with power amplifier design basics that a novice can understand and moves all the way through to in-depth design/i>
Master the art of audio power amplifier design
This comprehensive book on audio power amplifier design will appeal to members of the professional audio engineering community as well as the hobbyist. Designing Audio Power Amplifiers begins with power amplifier design basics that a novice can understand and moves all the way through to in-depth design techniques for the very sophisticated audiophile and professional audio power amplifier designer. This is the single best source of knowledge for anyone who wants to design an audio power amplifier, whether for fun or profit. Develop and hone your audio design skills with in-depth coverage of these and other topics:
- Basics of audio power amplifier design
- MOSFET power amplifiers and error correction
- Static and dynamic crossover distortion demystified
- Understanding negative feedback and the controversy surrounding it
- Advanced negative feedback compensation techniques
- Sophisticated DC servo design
- Audio measurements and instrumentation
- Overlooked sources of distortion
- SPICE simulation for audio amplifiers, including a tutorial
- SPICE transistor modeling, including the EKV model for power MOSFETs
- Thermal design and the use of ThermalTrak transistors
- Four chapters devoted to class D amplifiers
Supplemental material available at www.cordellaudio.com includes:
* Ready-to-run amplifier simulations * Key transistor models * Other bonus materials
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 14 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >