- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Master the art and science of successful oral presentations
A complete guide for scientific, technical, and business professionals.
The ability to deliver effective oral presentations in a variety of technical and business environments is a skill no professional can afford to be without. Developed to help you quickly master the presenter's art, Designing & Delivering Scientific, Technical, and Managerial Presentations is a comprehensive guide to researching, scripting, and delivering compelling presentations. No matter what your field of expertise, this practical guide equips you with a broad range of proven techniques, tools, and insider tricks of the trade for effectively conveying complex scientific, technical, or business information to any type of audience. Featuring step-by-step guidelines, many helpful illustrations, and three sample scripts of presentations successfully delivered in various professional environments, this book gets you up and running with what you need to know in order to
* Research, write, and revise concise and interesting presentation scripts.
* Analyze your audience's background and informational requirements.
* Adapt the style, organization, and content of your presentation to match the needs of your audience.
* Design compelling visuals and integrate them seamlessly into your presentations.
* Use body language, eye contact, and other nonverbal techniques to grab and hold your audience's attention.
* Manage seating, lighting, acoustics, audio, and other logistical elements for optimal effect.
* Gear presentations to international audiences.
PREPARING YOUR PRESENTATION.
Professional Presentations: Types, Tools, Techniques, and the Planning Process.
Presentational Aims/Objectives Plus Audience Analysis.
Researching Your Presentation.
Organizing Your Presentation.
Drafting Your Presentational Script: Style and Language.
DESIGNING AND USING EFFECTIVE AUDIO AND VISUAL MEDIA.
Selecting and Using Audio and Visual Presentation Media.
Designing Presentation Graphics.
MANAGING THE LOGISTICS OF YOUR PRESENTATION.
Managing Presentation Logistics.
DELIVERING YOUR PRESENTATION.
Establishing a Professional Delivery Style.
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATION MODELS.
Model #1: A Technical Presentation from NCR Corporation.
Model #2: A Scientific Presentation from Pfizer Inc.
Model #3: A Management-Based Presentation from Grumman Technical Services.
PRESENTING IN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS.