- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Like any project, effective management ...
Like any project, effective management of website development starts by understanding and balancing the constraints of time, resources, and tasks. You can deliver your project on time and on budget, by following a process that includes:
· Analyzing the requirements of users and your market
· Developing a workplan for the site and breaking it down to tasks
· Scheduling with Gantt and PERT charts and measuring slippage for more accurate revisions
· Estimating cost by the budget-first or design-first methods
· Using the team development process and covering all the necessary roles
· Aligning contractor and client interests to create a win-win relationship
· Following an iterative development process for designing, prototyping, and building out
· Applying software testing principles to website development
· Making hosting decisions and planning for maintenance
Audience: Web developers and managers, AV production, and MIS personnel; college students in multimedia classes.
Project Management in Three Dimensions; Technologies of the Web; Scheduling; Estimating Costs; Analysis and the Project Plan; The Web Development Team; Contractors and Clients; Design and Prototyping; Build-Out and Production; Quality Assurance Testing; Going Live and Beyond; Recommended Resources; The Proposal Process; Integrated Product and Process Development; Index